Super Visa – Parents and Grandparents

If you are a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, you are eligible to sponsor your parent(s) and grandparent(s) to enter Canada on a Super Visa. If your parent(s) or grandparent(s) qualify, a Super Visa will allow your family member to travel in and out of Canada up to two years at a time, for a maximum duration of ten years.

To be eligible for the Super Visa, a parent(s) or grandparent(s) must have the following:

  1. A signed letter from the child or grandchild inviting them to Canada. This letter must contain specific terms, including the duration of their stay, number of people in their household, and specific immigration documents. Please consult with one of our qualified immigration attorneys to help you determine the vital information and specific terms your letter must contain.
  2. Proof of valid medical insurance coverage from a Canadian insurance company.
  3. Proof of financial support (i.e., parent(s) or grandparent(s) financial assets and child or grandchild’s Low Income Cut Off demonstrating that they possess the minimum income necessary to support their sponsored parent(s) or grandparent(s)).

Do you have additional questions? If so, click the button below.

Ask An Attorney 


Do not leave crucial decisions to chance. Allow an experienced Immigration Lawyer to skillfully guide you through the immigration process. If you have questions, we want to hear from you and answer your questions. Please submit your question below, and one of our legal professionals will respond to you soon.