Graduating Students

Quebec is one of the largest Canadian Provinces. Quebec is well known for its beautiful landscape and welcoming environment. Whether you speak English or French, you can enjoy the splendor of Quebec as a worker under Quebec’s Temporary Foreign Workers Program or as a student under Quebec’s Foreign Students Program.

Our law firm can help you secure your temporary stay in Quebec. Allow us to employ our legal experience and meticulous attention to detail to help you prepare and submit the appropriate immigration documents necessary to obtain a temporary visa.


Quebec’s government has simplified the hiring process for temporary foreign workers by implementing 3 key provisions. The first provision includes agreements between the Quebec Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (“MIDI”) and Employment and Social Development Canada (“ESDC”) whereby a request for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (“LMIA”) can be conducted without requiring the employer to go through the full advertising process. This process is known as a facilitated LMIA. The second provision is waiving the normal advertising requirements to obtain a positive LMIA for specialized targeted occupations in Quebec. The third provision includes a number of exemptions from the LMIA requirement when employers hire foreign workers who meet certain eligibility requirements.

Finally, to qualify for the TFWP, a foreign worker must fall within one of the following criteria:

  • they seek to extend their work permit for their current employer;
  • they seek to renew their work authorization with a new Quebec employer;
  • they are a foreign student who has obtained a post-graduation work permit and have a valid job offer in Quebec; or
  • they are participating in a program under the International Experience Canada (“IEC”) initiative and are seeking to either extend their authorization to work with their current employer or renew it for a new Quebec employer.

Do you have additional questions? If so, click the button below.

Ask An Attorney 

International students who desire to study in Quebec in a training program that lasts more than 6 months must meet the following criteria to study in Quebec temporarily:

  1. admission to or enrollment in a designated educational institution as recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur or another Quebec government ministry (the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website provides a list of acceptable institutions);
  2. obtained a Quebec study visa formally called a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec or Quebec Acceptance Certificate (“CAQ”); and
  3. apply for a study permit from the Government of Canada once their CAQ has been obtained.

Once an international student receives their CAQ, they are permitted to start their studies in Quebec.

Do you have additional questions? If so, click the button below.

Ask An Attorney 


Are You Eligible to Immigrate to Quebec?


Email us with your Questions


Do not leave crucial decisions to chance. Allow an experienced Immigration Lawyer to skillfully guide you through the immigration process. If you have questions, we want to hear from you and answer your questions. Please submit your question below, and one of our legal professionals will respond to you soon.