A TRV is a temporary tourist visa used for leisure or tourism. The maximum validity period is six months. There are both single entry (allows visa holder to enter Canada once) and multiple entry visa (valid for up to 10 years, six months at a time). Applications are accepted online, or paper-based.
The eligibility requirements that a traveler must possess include:
- a valid travel document (for example, a passport)
- good health
- no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- ties to their home country such as a job, home, assets or family
- intent to leave Canada at the end of their visit
- sufficient money for their stay
Most travelers require a TRV to travel to Canada. A visitor visa may also be required for travelers who have a connection flight through a Canadian airport on their way to their final destination.
Do you have additional questions? If so, click the button below.
Ask An Attorney