February 2, 2021 – Ontario Immigration Nominee Program Draw – Human Capital Priority Occupations
On February 2, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued 283 Notifications of Interest (NOIs) under the Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream to candidates in the Express Entry pool with experience in one of the following ten priority occupations.
- 0122 – Banking, credit, and other investment managers
- 0124 – Advertising, marketing, and public relations managers
- 0125 – Other business services managers
- 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- 1111 – Financial auditors and accountants
- 1112 – Financial and investment analysts
- 1121 – Human resources professionals
- 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 4163 – Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
Candidates with Canadian work experience in one of the ten priority occupations and a Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) between 466 and 467 were selected.
attempt to meet the mandate to bring in new immigrants, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Overview of the HCP:
Ontario’s EE HCP is an immigration stream under the OINP which provides foreign workers with the required skilled work experience, language abilities and education the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario. Typically, these draws are targeted for those in priority occupations.
How to Apply
All candidates must have a valid profile in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC’s) EE system. If a candidate receives an NOI from the OINP, they must apply through the OINP e-Filing Portal and pay the application fee of $1,500.
Please note that the OINP is one of many avenues to qualify for permanent residency. This employer-driven stream is designed to give employers who can’t find skilled workers an opportunity to recruit international talent. OINP’s primary focus is on finding international talent who have the necessary skills to meet employment demand in Ontario.
A PNP nomination from Ontario would add 600 CRS points and would essentially guarantee an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence from the Canadian government.
If you have any questions regarding the OINP HCP, or other possible pathways to Canadian permanent residency, contact us now!