On April 30, 2020 the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued 192 Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to Express Entry (EE) Skilled Trade applicants with an active profile in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC’s) EE system.
This was a targeted draw, where applicants had experience in one of 14 priority occupations:
- Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters (NOC 7235)
- Ironworkers (NOC 7236)
- Electricians (NOC 7235)
- Electrical power line and cable workers (NOC 7244)
- Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers (NOC 7252)
- Carpenters (NOC 7271)
- Concrete finishers (NOC 7282)
- Roofers (NOC 7291)
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302)
- Heavy-duty equipment mechanics (NOC 7312)
- Refrigeration and AC mechanics (NOC 7313)
- Machine fitters (NOC 7316)
- Elevator constructors and mechanics (NOC 7381)
- Crane operators (NOC 7371)
Receiving a NOI does not guarantee an Invitation. Applicants must apply online to be nominated. Once you receive a NOI, you have 45 days to submit an application to the OINP. If you receive a nomination, you will receive an additional 600 points to your overall CRS Score, essentially guaranteeing an Invitation under EE.
Our firm is here to help! If you received an Invitation under the OINP and have questions regarding permanent residency to Canada, please contact us for additional information.