Work Permits for Students

For those students who would like to gain some work experience while furthering their education, a Student Work Permit allows them to do both. Under the Canadian Experience Class, students who are studying at an immigration-approved school are eligible for a work permit after 6 months of study. With their work permit, they are permitted to work part-time (up to 20 hours a week) during the school year and full-time during their summers.

Taking any of the above pathways will require the involvement of two government entities — the departments of ESDC and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (“IRCC”). The Canadian work permit process is very complex, but our law firm welcomes an opportunity to help you navigate the complexities of this process so that you can immigrate to Canada quickly.

Do you have additional questions? If so, click the button below.


Do not leave crucial decisions to chance. Allow an experienced Immigration Lawyer to skillfully guide you through the immigration process. If you have questions, we want to hear from you and answer your questions. Please submit your question below, and one of our legal professionals will respond to you soon.